Saturday, June 27, 2015

Week 1 en Mexico

22 Septiembre, 2014

So, here is my letter for the whole week.

First night, I met the mission president and loved him, but on the car ride back the APs, from Guatemala and El Salvador lectured us on how most Americans go home and how we all needed to repent, so that was great. But besides that it has been great.

The standards of excellence per week are 70 contacts in the street, 15 new investigators, 12 in the church for the first time, 45 lessons, 15 members lessons and 1 baptism. They are really about numbers here which is something I have never liked, but I guess it keeps us motivated. So far we have a baptism on the 30th of Septemeber, 3 on October 5th, 2 on the 12th, and have another promising family of 8 and a non-member man in a less active household. However, he seems really interested. 

Understanding people is so difficult since they talk so fast, and I am not quite up to speed yet, but Elder Goodrich says it takes from 3 weeks to 3 months. It is kind of disheartening, but I know it will get better. Elder Goodrich is from Utah and has been in Mexico for 7 months. He is a great companion so far, and I am excited to learn more. Sorry, I do not have any pictures because there is no SD card slot :( 

Hope everyone is doing well, and I love you all. I hope to write more experiences next week! 

Love,
Elder Andrews 

No comments:

Post a Comment