Saturday, June 27, 2015

2 Febrero, 2015

So this week, lots of interesting things happened, so be ready haha.

This one crazy drugged up guy this week walked up to my companion and I and started talking about really weird stuff. He then asked us for a pen and a piece of paper. He then proceeded to write down the name of Jehovah in a bunch of languages and then asked me to write it in English. He then drew a weird lightning bolt looking thing and said that this sign would protect us. It was super weird. We also learned that he had talked to missionaries before, and they tried to help him out of his drug problem but were unsuccessful. It was sad and kind of weird.

We then had a weird thing happen with a lady that sells gorditas (like a stuffed taco). She started talking to us about her husband and stuff which was weird, and then she told me that I was really good looking. She then goes on to say, "If I was 15 or 16 I would fall in love with you. You have really pretty eyes." We were kind of weirded out, so we grabbed our gorditas and left haha. Some weird 60 year old lady, but hey, her gorditas were really good.

As far as the work is going, it is coming along. We still have the Family Hernandez Vega that is interested in the church, and is going strong. We are looking to baptize them in a couple of weeks. So pray for that family please. We are struggling though to find new people to teach, but I am sure that it will come along as we keep contacting people in the street and share our testimonies. 

Besides the couple of weird experiences, my companion and I are getting along really well. I have really learned the importance this week of prayer. Although we are still praying to find new people to teach, we know that our prayers will be answered. We learn in the scriptures that if we pray with faith and not doubting anything, it will be given to us. It may take a while to receive these blessings, but I have faith and am comforted from the promises in the scriptures. 

Hope everyone is doing great!

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment