Saturday, June 27, 2015

22 Deciembre, 2014

Things in the Jalalpa area are going quite well! Elder Martinez and I are searching for more people to bring to church, and we have had some success. Due to that, we should see some baptisms to start the new year, which will be a great start for them and a great birthday present for me! However, I am really looking forward to a Christmas miracle haha.

This week, we had a zone conference with about 5 zones where we ate in a stake center and did Christmas games and sang the twelve days of Christmas. It was a nice day of relaxation, and it was the first time it felt like Christmas here. However, I am very excited to skype the fam this coming Christmas day. Might feel a little more like Christmas. And something I have noticed here...everybody has fake Christmas trees...................come on people. (facepalm) Christmas deserves a real tree. 

As far as the Spanish is coming...it is still coming haha. I am able to understand more and more everyday except when my companion speaks really fast back and forth with them but animodo (that is the way it is). However, when I did an interchange with an Elder that only has one change in the mission, I did not have anyone to rely on, and everything actually went pretty smoothly. Had to ask them to repeat themselves a few times but hey, I am American.

My message this week is to read from Alma 7:10-13. It says a little bit about what Jesus Christ did for us and his birth. I really love this scripture because it explains the Atonement so well. We really need to use the Atonement of Jesus Christ in our lives everyday because if we are not improving everyday, we are going to become worse. The nourishment of ourselves everyday spiritually is just as important, if not more important, as nourishing ourselves physically. Yes, I know I am on a mission, so I am more succeptible to the Spirit. However, reading the scriptures everyday has really strengthened me a lot. Because at times in the mission, we do not feel the Spirit. No matter how hard we try, sometimes we just do not. And it is the worst. However, when I do not, I open my scriptures, read a verse, say a prayer, and it comes back. We need to feel this as much as possible, because that is how we become better. This is just one of the ways to use the Atonement of Christ, and that is how we become more like Christ.

I love you all so much, and have a Merry Christmas!

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment