Saturday, June 27, 2015

12 Enero, 2015

This week went by really fast, and we actually had a little bit of success finding people to teach and baptize. The leaders have really been pressuring us and especially my companion because we have not baptized yet, so we were a little bit worried and stressed out for a while, but that is where comes the miracle. We had been fasting and praying for a miracle, but the week did not turn up any miracles until Sunday night. We were with a member and her non-member boyfriend who has been going to church for almost a year, but has been kind of resistive to baptism. We were just talking and mentioned that this next week we are going to have changes which means one of us is most likely going to leave. He then said, "Well, I guess I will get baptized this week because I want you guys to baptize me." This was the best thing that I had heard all week, and we were really grateful for the answer to our prayers. Although it may take a while, God will always answer our prayers when we ask in faith, knowing that we will receive an answer. 

We also have various other people that can be baptized this week. We are going to marry a couple so that the man (22 year old I just cannot remember the word for joven) can be baptized. We also have a girl named Jessica whose mom is going to go back to church. We also have an older couple named Eduarda y Esteban that might be baptized as well. All in all, we should finish pretty well. 

This week we also went to Zócalo. It is like a plaza in Mexico with museos and huge Catholic churches, so we have a lot of pictures. It was really fun, and we took some pictures. I actually was able to see a part of Mexico that I really enjoyed. Saw a lot of gringos and people from a bunch of countries, so that was a little different as well. 

Hope everyone is doing well, and I am doing great in Mexico!

Elder Andrews


No comments:

Post a Comment