Saturday, June 27, 2015

17 Noviembre, 2014

This week was muchísimo mejor que la última semana. We were actually able to find a family of 9 this week with 7 people that can be baptized. But I do not care about the baptismal number because we will be changing many more lives than 9 if everything goes well. They went to the stake conference which was actually broadcasted through satelite from Salt Lake. Elder Anderson (and other leaders) talked in spanish and it was really powerful from what I heard because we were busy helping the zone leaders fill up the baptismal font for the 6 baptisms that we had in the zone. However, I did notice that Elder Anderson had a hard time saying capacitación in spanish which was really funny. Us gringos. 

Besides that, we are still trying to get Christian´s mom to sign the cedula (baptismal form) for his baptism because he really wants to get baptized, and his mom says he can! On the contrary, she still will not sign the cedula for some reason. He is a friend of a member Anthuan who is kind of active but likes to go with us to lessons. 

Raul, the grandson of Fausta, is still working on his belief in God, but I can see his faith developing. Once he has faith it will be amazing because it will be such a great change. I am excited to keep helping him in his path back to our Heavenly Father. 

Before this week, I never had trouble with anyone on the street, but this week it kind of changed. On Tuesday, Elder Piñeyro and I were walking down the street when someone on a motorcycle drove by and hit me in the back of the head. It did not do anything bad, but it hurt. The next night, we were crossing a street and a car accelerated from a stop and almost ran us over. The next day, we walked by a group of kids who threw stuff at us, and they actually concked me in the head with something. None of this stuff was that bad, but boy am I glad to live in the United States in the big town of Loomis. 

My message this week is to be a friend to everyone in the ward. Anthuan, the less active member that goes to lessons with us, really wants to be a missionary in a couple years. However, he does not want to go to church because the youth in his ward all say he is weird and honestly do not treat him well. I know that what he says is true because I have seen it. Yes, people should not be offended easily and our belief is in God not the members, but we are the only true church in the world. As members of the Church, we need to act like it. I liked one thing that Elder Anderson said in his talk on Sunday: As members of the Church of Jesus Christ, there is no excuse to not be doing everything we can to help the members and nonmembers. Before my mission I did not realize this. I am glad I do now. We need to help everyone no matter what.

I love you guys all so much, and I am so grateful for all of you. I love the mission, and I know that the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is true. Live it.

Elder Andrews

No comments:

Post a Comment